General Notes (Scanner Driver)
The scanner driver is subject to the following restrictions. Keep these points in mind when using the scanner
Scanner Driver Restrictions
• If the computer is shared among multiple users or when you have logged out and back on, a message
indicating that the scanner driver is in use may appear. In that case, disconnect the USB cable from
the computer, then reconnect it.
• Scanning may fail if the computer has resumed from sleep state with the scanner driver active. In that
case, follow these steps and scan again.
1. Turn off the machine.
2. Exit the scanner driver, then disconnect the USB cable from the computer and reconnect it.
3. Turn on the machine.
• Do not connect two or more scanners or multifunction printers with scanner function to the same
computer simultaneously. If multiple scanning devices are connected, you cannot scan from the
operation panel of the machine and also may experience errors while accessing the devices.
• When using a network compatible model by connecting to a network, the machine cannot be
accessed from multiple computers at the same time.
• When using a network compatible model by connecting to a network, scanning takes longer than
• Make sure that you have adequate disk space available when scanning large images at high
resolutions. For example, at least 300 MB of free space is required to scan an A4 document at 600
dpi in full-color.
• Do not enter the computer into sleep or hibernate state during scanning.