• When the Amount of Extension slider is set to the rightmost position, the back side of the
paper may become smudged.
4. Complete the setup
When you execute print, the data is printed without any margins on the paper.
• Borderless printing only supports specific paper sizes. Make sure to select a paper size with the
wording "(borderless)" from the Paper Size.
• When borderless printing is enabled, Other Fine Art Paper, Envelope, High Resolution Paper, and
T-Shirt Transfers appear grayed out and are unavailable in Media Type list of Quality & Media of
the pop-up menu in the Print dialog.
• Print quality may deteriorate or the sheet may be stained at the top and bottom depending on the
type of paper used.
• When the ratio of the height to the width differs from the image data, a portion of the image may not
be printed depending on the size of the media used.
In this case, crop the image data with an application software according to the paper size.
• When scaled printing or page layout printing is enabled, you cannot perform borderless printing.
• When Plain Paper is selected from the Media Type menu of the Quality & Media, borderless
printing is not recommended.
Expanding the Range of the Document to Print
Setting a large amount of extension allows you to perform borderless printing with no problems. However,
the portion of the document extending off the paper range will not be printed and for this reason, the
subjects around the perimeter of a photo may not be printed.
When you are not satisfied with the result of borderless printing, reduce the amount of extension. The
extension amount decreases as the Amount of Extension slider is moved to the left.