For Two-Sided, select either Long-Edge binding or Short-Edge binding.
4. Select Margin from the pop-up menu on the Print Dialog
5. Set the stapling margin
If necessary, set the Margin width, and to change the Stapling Side, select a setting from the list.
• Depending on the Two-Sided setting in the Layout pop-up menu, the Stapling Side that can be
6. Complete the setup
When you execute print, duplex printing will be started.
• When a media type other than Plain Paper, Ink Jet Hagaki (A), Hagaki K (A), Hagaki (A), or Hagaki
is selected from Media Type menu of Quality & Media, duplex printing cannot be executed.
• When borderless printing is set, duplex printing cannot be executed.
• Duplex printing can be performed only when one of the following paper sizes is selected from Paper
• US Letter, A5, A4, JIS B5, Postcard
• After printing the front page, there is an ink drying wait time before starting to print the back page
(Operation stops temporarily). Do not touch the paper during this time. You can change the ink drying
wait time from Custom Settings in the Canon IJ Printer Utility.
• When you use the automatic duplex printing function to print a postcard, print the address side first and
then print the message side.
• When you use duplex printing, the print area becomes slightly smaller than the normal print area.