• Scanning takes longer than usual when you enable this function.
(2) Save Settings Area
Enter the file name of the image to be saved. When you save a file, the date and four digits are
appended to the set file name in the "_20XX0101_0001" format.
• When you select the Save to a subfolder with current date checkbox, the date and four digits
are appended to the set file name.
Displays the folder in which to save the scanned images. To add a folder, select Add... from the pop-
up menu, then click
The default save folder is the Pictures folder.
Auto is selected. The following data formats are automatically applied according to the item type
• Photos, postcards, BD/DVD/CD, and business cards: JPEG
• Magazines, newspapers, and documents: PDF
• The save format may differ depending on how you place the item.
"Positioning Originals (Scanning from
JPEG Image Quality
You can specify the image quality of JPEG files.
Select the compression type for saving PDF files.
It is recommended that you normally select this setting.
Compresses the file size when saving, allowing you to reduce the load on your network/server.
Create a PDF file that supports keyword search
Select this checkbox to convert text in images into text data and create PDF files that support
• PDF files that are searchable in the language selected in Document Language on the
(General Settings) tab of the Settings dialog are created.
Save to a subfolder with current date
Select this checkbox to create a current date folder in the folder specified in Save in and save
scanned images in it. The folder will be created with a name such as "20XX_01_01"
(Plus) in the displayed dialog and specify the destination folder.
Computer)" for how to place items.