When remaining ink cautions or errors occur, the message will appear on the touch screen to inform you of
the error. Take appropriate action according to the message.
• If print results become faint or white streaks appear despite sufficient ink levels, see
• For precautionary notes on handling ink tanks, see
When you need to replace an ink tank, follow the procedure below.
1. Make sure that the power is turned on, then, holding both sides of the paper output tray,
gently open it.
2. Lift the operation panel and open until it stops.
The print head holder (A) moves to the replacement position.
• Do not hold the print head holder to stop or move it forcibly. Do not touch the print head holder
until it stops completely.
• When opening or closing the operation panel, do not touch the buttons and touch screen on the
operation panel. Doing so may result in an unexpected operation.
• Do not touch the metallic parts or other parts inside the machine.
• If the operation panel is left open for more than 10 minutes, the print head holder moves to the
right. In this case, close and reopen the operation panel.
3. Remove the ink tank with the lamp flashing fast.
Push the tab (B) and lift the ink tank to remove.
Notes on ink