• Do not touch other parts besides the ink tanks.
• Handle the ink tank carefully to avoid staining of clothing or the surrounding area.
• Discard the empty ink tank according to the local laws and regulations regarding disposal of
• Do not remove two or more ink tanks at the same time. Be sure to replace ink tanks one by one
when replacing two or more ink tanks.
• For details on ink lamp flashing speed, see
4. Take a new ink tank out of its package, remove the orange tape (C) completely, then
remove the protective film (D) completely.
• Handle an ink tank carefully. Do not drop or apply excessive pressure to it.
• If the orange tape remains on the Y-shape air hole (E), ink may splash or the machine may not
5. Hold the ink tank with the orange protective cap (F) pointing up while being careful not to
block the Y-shape air hole (E).
Checking the Ink Status with the Ink