How to Load Originals for Each Function
Load the original in the correct position according to the function to use. If you do not load the original
correctly, it may not be scanned properly.
Loading the Original to Be Aligned with the alignment mark
• Load originals to copy
• In Scan,
◦ select Auto scan for Doc.type to scan text documents, magazines, or newspapers
◦ select Document or Photo for Doc.type and specify a standard size (A4, Letter, etc.) for Scan
size to scan originals
• With a software application on a computer,
◦ scan text documents, magazines, or newspapers
◦ select a standard size (A4, Letter, etc.) to scan originals
Place the original WITH THE SIDE TO SCAN FACING DOWN on the platen glass and align it with the
. Portions placed on the diagonally striped area cannot be scanned.
• The machine cannot scan the striped area (A) (0.04 inch (1 mm) from the edges of the platen glass).
Loading Only One Original in the Center of the platen glass
• Scan only one disc in Copy label to disc label
• Scan only one printed photo in Photo copy
• In Scan,
◦ select Auto scan for Doc.type to scan one printed photo, postcard, business card, or disc
◦ select Photo for Doc.type and specify Auto scan for Scan size to scan one original