In the Canon IJ Printer Utility, select Custom Settings in the pop-up menu, select Prevent paper
abrasion check box, and then click Apply.
To open the Canon IJ Printer Utility, see
If intensity is set high, reduce intensity setting and try printing again.
If you are printing with a high intensity setting on plain paper, the paper may absorb too much ink and become
wavy, causing paper abrasion.
• Printing from your computer
Check the intensity setting in the printer driver.
◦ For Windows:
◦ For Mac OS:
Setting Items for Copying
Do not print outside recommended printing area.
If you print outside the recommended printing area of your paper, ink may stain the lower edge of the paper.
Resize the document using application software.
Is platen glass dirty?
Clean the platen glass.
Cleaning the Platen Glass and Document Cover
Is inside of machine dirty?
During duplex printing, ink may stain the inside of the machine, smudging the printout.
Perform bottom plate cleaning to clean inside of machine.
Cleaning the Inside of the Machine (Bottom Plate Cleaning)
• To prevent staining inside the machine, be sure to set the correct paper size.
Set longer ink drying time.
This allows the printed surface to dry, preventing smudges and scratches.
• For Windows:
1. Make sure machine is turned on.
2. Open printer driver setup window.
How to Open the Printer Driver Setup Window
3. Click Maintenance tab and Custom Settings.
4. Drag Ink Drying Wait Time slide bar to set the wait time and click OK.
5. Check message and click OK.
Opening the Canon IJ Printer