Loading Originals on the Platen Glass
1. Open the document cover.
2. Load the original WITH THE SIDE TO SCAN FACING DOWN on the platen glass.
Originals You Can Load
How to Load Originals for Each Function
• Be sure to observe the following when loading the original on the platen glass.
• Do not place any objects weighing 4.4 lb (2.0 kg) or more on the platen glass.
• Do not put any pressure of 4.4 lb (2.0 kg) or more on the platen glass, such as pressing down
Failure to observe the above may cause the scanner to malfunction or the platen glass to break.
3. Close the document cover gently.
• After loading the original on the platen glass, be sure to close the document cover before starting to
copy or scan.