Printing by Placing a Smartphone over Machine
The machine supports NFC (Near Field Communication), a short-range wireless communication technology.
By placing an NFC-enabled Android smartphone or tablet over the NFC mark on the operation panel of the
machine, you can print photos and documents saved on the smartphone or tablet.
Before Using NFC
Download and install "Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY".
Download free from Google Play.
• May not be available depending on your country or region.
• The application can be downloaded for free; however, Internet connection fees apply.
Printing with NFC
Before you start printing, make sure "Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY" is installed on your smartphone.
2. Start "Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY".
3. Select Photo Print or Document Print.
If Data Conversion Service appears while you are printing a document, tapping OK converts its
format to preserve the layout.
• Your smartphone or tablet must be connected to the Internet to use data conversion service;
however, Internet connection fees apply.
4. Select photo or document you want to print and set paper size, etc. as needed.
5. Place smartphone over NFC mark on machine.
The smartphone is connected to the machine automatically and the machine starts printing.
• If printing does not start, change the position over which to place the smartphone.