Set the brake sequence mode
● Select advanced magnetic flux vector control or general-purpose magnetic flux vector
control. The brake sequence function is valid only when the external operation mode,
external/PU combined operation mode 1 or network operation mode is selected.
● Set "7 or 8" (brake sequence mode) in Pr. 292. To ensure more complete sequence control,
it is recommended to set "7" (brake opening completion signal input) in Pr. 292.
● Set "15" in any of Pr. 178 to Pr. 184 "Input terminal function selection" and assign the brake
opening completion signal (BRI) to the input terminal.
● Set "20 (positive logic)" or "120 (negative logic)" in any of Pr. 190 to Pr. 192 "Output terminal
function selection" and assign the brake opening request signal (BOF) to the output terminal.
In lift applications where an inadvertent lifting of the holding brake can lead to personal
injury or property damage, the BOF signal may be used for safety reasons only in
positive logic, that is, setting "20".
With brake opening completion signal input (Pr. 292 = 7)
● When the start signal is input to the inverter, the inverter starts running. When the internal
speed command reaches the value set in Pr. 278 and the output current is not less than
the value set in Pr. 279, the inverter outputs the brake opening request signal (BOF) after
the time set in Pr. 280 has elapsed.
When the time set in Pr. 281 elapses after the brake opening completion signal (BRI) was
activated, the inverter increases the output frequency to the set speed.
● When the speed has decreased to the frequency set in Pr. 282 during deceleration, the BOF
signal is turned off. When the time set in Pr. 283 elapses after the electromagnetic brake
operation was completed and the BRI signal was turned off, the inverter output is switched
Fig. 6-49: Operation when parameter 292 = 7
Motor brake and stop operation
6 - 111