● Before starting operation, confirm and adjust the parameters. A failure to do so
may cause some machines to make unexpected motions.
● When you have chosen the retry function, stay away from the equipment as it will
restart suddenly after an alarm stop.
● Since pressing the STOP/RESET-key may not stop output depending on the func-
tion setting status, provide a circuit and switch separately to make an emergency
stop (power off, mechanical brake operation for emergency stop, etc).
● Make sure that the start signal is off before resetting the inverter alarm. A failure
to do so may restart the motor suddenly.
● The load used should be a three-phase induction motor only. Connection of any
other electrical equipment to the inverter output may damage the equipment.
● Do not modify the equipment.
● Do not perform parts removal which is not instructed in this manual. Doing so may
lead to fault or damage of the inverter.
● The electronic thermal relay function does not guarantee protection of the motor
from overheating. It is recommended to install both an external thermal and PTC
thermistor for overheat protection.
● Do not use a magnetic contactor on the inverter input for frequent starting/stopping
of the inverter. Otherwise, the life of the inverter decreases.
● Use a noise filter to reduce the effect of electromagnetic interference and follow
the accepted EMC procedures for proper installation of frequency inverters. Oth-
erwise nearby electronic equipment may be affected.
● Take appropriate measures regarding harmonics. Otherwise this can endanger
compensation systems or overload generators.
● Use a motor designed for inverter operation. (The stress for motor windings is
bigger than in line power supply).
● When parameter clear or all clear is performed, set again the required parameters
before starting operations. Each parameter returns to the initial value.
● The inverter can be easily set for high-speed operation. Before changing its setting,
fully examine the performances of the motor and machine.
● The DC braking function of the frequency inverter is not designed to continuously
hold a load. Use an electro-mechanical holding brake on the motor for this purpose.
● Before running an inverter which had been stored for a long period, always perform
inspection and test operation.
● For prevention of damage due to static electricity, touch nearby metal before
touching this product to eliminate static electricity from your body.