Set stop-on-contact control
● Make sure that the inverter is in external operation mode. (Refer to section 6.18.1.)
● Select advanced magnetic flux vector control or general-purpose magnetic flux vector
● Set "1" in Pr. 270 "Stop-on contact control selection".
● Set output frequency during stop-on-contact control in Pr. 6 "Multi-speed setting (low
The frequency should be as low as possible (about 2Hz). If it is set to more than 30Hz, the
operating frequency will be 30Hz.
● When both the RT and RL signals are switched on, the inverter enters the stop-on-contact
mode, in which operation is performed at the frequency set in Pr. 6 independently of the
● For the terminal used for X18 signal input, set "3" in any of Pr. 178 to Pr. 184 "Input terminal
function selection" and "0" in Pr. 178 to Pr. 184 "Input terminal function selection" to assign
By increasing the Pr. 275 setting, the low-speed (stop-on-contact) torque increases, but
overcurrent fault (E.OCT) may occur or the machine may oscillate in a stop-on-contact state.
The stop-on-contact function is diferent from servo-lock function, and if used to stop or hold
a load for an extended period, this function can cause the motor to overheat. After a stop,
immediately change to a mechanical brake to hold the load.
Under the following operating conditions, the stop-on-contact functionis made invalid:
PU operation (Pr. 79)
Jog operation (JOG signal)
PU+external operation (Pr. 79)
PID control function operation (Pr.128)
remote setting function operation (Pr. 59)
automatic acceleration/deceleration operation (Pr. 292)
Function switching of stop-on-contact control selection
Stall prevention operation level
Excitation current low speed scaling
Fast-response current limit
Tab. 6-24: Function switching of stop-on-contact control selection
(either RL or RT is off
or both are off)
0 to 5V/0 to 10V/4 to 20mA etc.
Motor brake and stop operation
With stop-on-contact Control
(both RL and RT are on)
(Pr. 22 when Pr. 48 = 9999)
Only Pr. 275 (0 to 300%) is compen-
sated before both RL and RT turn on.
Output frequency is 3Hz or less
When Pr. 276 setting (Pr. 72 when
Pr. 276 = 9999)
6 - 107