Simple mode parameter list
Before performing offline auto tuning
Check the following before performing offline auto tuning.
● Make sure advanced magnetic flux vector control or general-purpose magnetic flux vector
control (Pr. 80, Pr. 81) is selected (refer to section 5.1.7). (Tuning can be performed even
under V/f control selected by turning on X18.)
● A motor should be connected. Note that the motor should be at a stop at a tuning start.
● The motor capacity should be equal to or one rank lower than the inverter capacity. (Note
that the capacity should be 0.1kW or more.)
● The maximum frequency is 120Hz.
● A high-slip motor, high-speed motor and special motor cannot be tuned.
● As the motor may run slightly, fix the motor securely with a mechanical brake or make sure
that there will be no problem in safety if the motor runs (caution is required especially in
elevator). Note that tuning performance is unaffected even if the motor runs slightly.
Select advanced magnetic flux vector control or general-purpose magnetic flux vector
control. (Refer to section 5.1.7.)
Set "1" or "11" in Pr. 96 "Auto tuning setting/status".
– When the setting is "1":
Tune all motor constants without running the motor.
When performing advanced magnetic flux vector control, set "1" to perform tuning.
Depending on the motor type and the inverter capacity it takes approximately 25 to 75s
until tuning is completed.
(Excitation noise is produced during tuning.)
– When the setting is "11":
Tune motor constants (R1) only without running the motor.
When performing general-purpose magnetic flux vector control, set "11" to perform
It takes approximately 9s until tuning is completed.
Set the rated motor current (initial value is rated inverter current) in Pr. 9 "Electronic thermal
O/L relay". (Refer to page 5-2.)
Set the rated voltage of motor (initial value is 200V) in Pr. 83 "Rated motor voltage" and
rated motor frequency (initial value is 60Hz) in Pr. 84 "Rated motor frequency".
Set Pr. 71 "Applied motor" according to the motor used.
Tab. 5-3: Motor selection
For other settings of Pr. 71, refer to the section 6.12.2.
5 - 16
SF-JR 4P-1.5kW or less
high efficiency motor
Others (SF-JRC, etc.)