Selection and protection of a motor
Before performing offline auto tuning
Check the following before performing offline auto tuning.
● Make sure advanced magnetic flux vector control or general-purpose magnetic flux vector
control (Pr. 80, Pr. 81) is selected. (Tuning can be performed even under V/f control selected
by turning on X18.)
● A motor should be connected. Note that the motor should be at a stop at a tuning start.
● The motor capacity should be equal to or one rank lower than the inverter capacity.
● The maximum frequency is 120Hz.
● A high-slip motor, high-speed motor and special motor cannot be tuned.
As the motor may run slightly, fix the motor securely with a mechanical brake or make
sure that there will be no problem in safety if the motor runs (caution is required
especially in elevator). Note that tuning performance is unaffected even if the motor
● Offline auto tuning will not be performed properly if it is performed with a surge voltage
suppression filter (FFR-DT) connected between the inverter and motor. Remove it before
● Select advanced magnetic flux vector control (refer to section 6.3.2) or general-purpose
magnetic flux vector control (refer to section 6.3.3).
● Set "1" or "11" in Pr. 96 "Auto tuning setting/status".
– When the setting is "1": Tune all motor constants without running the motor.
When performing advanced magnetic flux vector control, set "1" to perform tuning.
It takes approximately 25 to 75s (depending on the inverter inverter capacity and motor
type) until tuning is completed. (Excitation noise is produced during tuning.)
– When the setting is "11": Tune motor constants (R1) only without running the motor.
When performing general-purpose magnetic flux vector control, set "11" to perform
It takes approximately 9s until tuning is completed.
● Set the rated motor current (initial value is rated inverter current) in Pr. 9 "Electronic thermal
O/L relay". (Refer to section 6.8.)
● Set the rated voltage of motor (initial value is 400V) in Pr. 83 "Motor rated voltage" and rated
motor frequency (initial value is 50Hz) in Pr. 84 "Rated motor frequency".
● Set Pr. 71 "Applied motor" according to the motor used.
Mitsubishi standard motorMitsubishi high
Mitsubishi constant-torque motor
Other manufacturer's standard motor
Other manufacturer's constant-torque motor
Tab. 6-12: Motor selection
Refer to section 6.8.2, for other settings of Pr. 71.
6 - 90
SF-JR 4P-1.5 kW or less
Others (SF-JRC, etc.)