Accessing Enterprise Diagnostics LX32
To access Enterprise Diagnostics LX32:
1. Insert the SmartStart CD into the CD-ROM drive.
2. Restart the system using the SmartStart CD.
3. Select Server Diagnostics from the Maintenance tab on the SmartStart main
4. A panel is displayed, indicating that diagnostics is identifying the system
configuration. Diagnostics gathers information from all hardware in the server.
The time it takes to gather this information depends upon the extent of the system
configuration. When the information-gathering process is complete, Diagnostics
displays the main screen or a panel providing an overview of what system
hardware was detected.
To run tests using Enterprise Diagnostics LX32:
1. Select the Test tab.
2. Select the type of testing that you want to perform: Quick, Complete, or Custom
3. Select the mode of testing that you want to perform: Unattended or Interactive
4. From the list, select the device(s) that you want test.
5. To begin testing, click on the Begin Testing button to start the test.
Saving Error Reports
Choose the Save link on the menu bar to save an error report.
Diagnostics on a 32-bit System
Diagnostics for 32-bit systems can be run from the system partition (if set up on your
server) or from a Diagnostics diskette.
HP Servers Troubleshooting Guide