Section 700 - Operation
8. Enter the speed dial name:
• If using a large-display phone, press the soft key next
to the desired row of letters. (See Example 1 on page
• If using a small-display phone press the appropriate
one-touch key. (See Example 2 on page 56.)
9. Use the bottom row of FF keys to select a single letter.
• See "Example 1. Large-display phone" on page 55.
• See "Example 2. Small-display phone" on page 56.
• Press the * key to erase a single entry.
• Press the # key to enter a space.
10. Repeat steps 8-9 as many times as necessary to enter the
desired SSD name.
Note: Press the FLASH key to clear the entire entry.
11. Press the HOLD key when finished.
12. To enter another speed dial name, press the CONF key and
repeat steps 5-11.
PSD names can contain a maximum of 7 characters. SSD names can contain a maximum of 16
The ability to make extension name assignments is allowed/restricted to anyone with a Class of
Service (COS) that allows access to User Maintenance features. (See Chapter 4 "User
Maintenance" of this document.)
The System supports networking facilities such as:
Network call transfer
Network centralized attendant (Version 2.0 or higher)
Network centralized voice mail (Version 2.0 or higher)
Networking extension calling
DBS 576 (USA), issued January 1999
Chapter 3. System Features
Next SSD bin number displays