Chapter 5. Key Telephone Features
To block outgoing audio using the Microphone Mute:
1. During a handset call, press the MUTE FF key
2. To turn Mute off, press the MUTE FF key again.
FF4: Key Assignment
The fixed MUTE key works both for handset mute and microphone mute. But only 44-Series phones
have the fixed MUTE key, so others must assign an FF key as a MUTE key.
CPC-96, CPC-288, and CPC-576 All Versions
Offhook Monitor lets you put a call on speaker while the handset is offhook. You can still
communicate with the other party via the handset, but you will also be able to hear the other party on
the phone's speaker. The other party can only hear what is transmitted through your handset however,
because audio is not transmitted through your microphone.
To put a call on speaker using the Offhook Monitor:
1. During a handset call, press the ON/OFF key.
2. To take a caller off speaker (disable Offhook Monitor) but
continue the call via the handset, press the ON/OFF key.
FF1-0-01: Offhook Monitor
DBS 576 (USA), issued January 1999
Section 700 - Operation
Outgoing audio is blocked through
• Other party is audible through speaker
• Phone's microphone is mute