Siemens AG, 2003. All rights reserved
SINUMERIK 840Di Manual (HBI) – 06.03 Edition
The connecting cable with the MCI board is part of the scope of supply and is
already plugged into the MCI board extension slot variation.
To install the module, proceed in the sequence described below.
When operating electrical devices, certain parts of these devices are inevitably
under hazardous voltage.
Improper handling of these devices may therefore result in loss of life, severe
personal injury or substantial material damage.
When servicing these devices, you should therefore observe all notices pro-
vided in this Section and attached to the product itself.
– This device may only be serviced by accordingly qualified personnel.
– Before starting any maintenance and service work, disconnect the device
– Use only spare parts approved by the manufacturer.
– Strictly observe the prescribed maintenance intervals, as well as the in-
structions for repair and replacement.
The module contains electrostatically sensitive devices.
Electrostatically discharge your own body before touching the module. To do
so, touch an earthed, conductive object (e.g. blank cubicle parts, socket protec-
tion contact) immediately before starting work on the module.
1. Shut down the SINUMERIK 840Di and Windows NT correctly.
To do so, use one of the following possibilities:
Windows NT taskbar: Start > Shut Down
Interface signal: "PC shutdown"; see Subsection 16.1.1, page 16-499
2. Disconnect your PC from mains.
3. Remove the screws from the cover of the housing (Fig. 2-7) and open the
housing of your PC, observing the relevant safety regulations.
2 Hardware Descriptions
2.3 MCI board extension