2 Hardware Descriptions
2.13 ADI4 (analog drive interface for 4 axes) (SW 09.01 and higher)
An external power supply source 24VDC must be connected to the power
supply of the digital outputs at X6-1, pin 1 (P24EXT2).
The reference ground of the external power supply source must be con-
nected with X6-1, pin 12 (MEXT2).
For further data, see Subsection 2.13.8, page 2-124.
Electrical specification of the digital outputs:
Electrical specification of the digital outputs
Voltage at high level (V
Output current I
Voltage at low level (V
Leakage current at low level
Signal delay T
Power supply of the digital outputs
1) typical output voltage:
Max. output current I
Max. short-circuit current:
Internal resistance R
2) The PROFIBUS communication time and the application cycle
time must also be taken into account.
Incorrect polarization causes neither high level nor destruction of the outputs.
General electrical properties
– Galvanic isolation using optocouplers
– Current limitation to max. 500mA
– Protection from: short-circuit, overtemperature, and loss of ground
– Automatic shutdown on undervoltage.
Relay contact Ready signal "Ready"
The relay contact remains open/is opened if one of the follwoing states is
present in the module:
– Initialization after Power On
– Power Failure or NMI
– No cyclic communication to DP master
– PLL error
– Synchronization error
The relay contact is closed when the following conditions are satisfied:
– Module status "Ready"
– Cyclic communication with the DP master
Current operating voltage P24EXT2
4A (max. 100msec, V
Siemens AG, 2003. All rights reserved
SINUMERIK 840Di Manual (HBI) – 06.03 Edition