8 PLC Start-Up
8.2 PLC program
Using basic PLC
the basic PLC
The basic PLC program must be installed on that computer on which the SI-
MATIC Manager STEP7 required to install the S7 project is already installed.
For installing the basic PLC program, please observe the appropriate notes in
– <installation path>\readme.txt.
In order to be able to use the blocks of the basic PLC program in your own S7
project, these have to be copied from the supplied library into the folder: Blocks
of the corresponding module.
The example project mentioned in the following refers to the S7 project created
within the framework of the PROFIBUS DP configuration, Section 7.3, page
To do so, proceed as follows:
1. Start the SIMATIC Manager STEP7.
2. Open the S7 project.
3. Open the station (in the example project: SIMATIC 300)
4. Open the module (in the example project: PLC315-2DP M/S 2AF03)
5. Open the folder: S7 Program > Blocks
6. Open the installed library: gp8x0<language><version>
SIMATIC Manager: Menu command File > Open File
Optional field: Select libraries
Library: gp8x0d52 select
7. The library is displayed in a new window.
To copy the required block of the basic PLC program, open the Blocks
folder, e.g. pg8x0d53 > gp8x0d > blocks
8. Choose the required blocks of the basic PLC program and copy them into
the S7 project to Station (in the example project: SIMATIC 300) > Module
(in the example project: PLC315-2DP M/S 2AF03) > S7 Program > Blocks
For a complete description of the basic PLC program, its structure and all mod-
ules including their call parameters, please refer to:
References: /FB1/ Description of Functions, Basic Machine
Section: P3, Basic PLC Program
Siemens AG, 2003. All rights reserved
SINUMERIK 840Di Manual (HBI) – 06.03 Edition