15 SW Installation/Update and Data Backup
15.3 Data backup
7. If you do not wish to save the local backup copies of saved partitions (see
next section) available on the hard disk of the PCU, then choose:
– Backup WITHOUT Local Images using the key "1".
– Backup WITH Local Images using the key "2".
A message window appears:
– You will be prompted to check whether the connection between the PCU
and the external computer is established.
– The destination path in which the backup copy will be stored on the ex-
ternal computer is displayed.
– Press "Y" to start the backup process.
The actual backup process is now carried out by Norton Ghostt.
The following information is displayed in the message window that opens:
– The progress of the data transfer is displayed.
– The paths are displayed.
– The volume of data to be transferred is displayed.
Size of backup copy with compressing: 4.8GB hard disk –> approx. 330MB
Time for transfer: approx. 15min.
Siemens AG, 2003. All rights reserved
SINUMERIK 840Di Manual (HBI) – 06.03 Edition