2 Hardware Descriptions
2.2 MCI board
13. Locate the battery on the module using the battery receptacle.
The clamps must lock into place audibly.
14. Insert the module into the appropriate slot on the mother board and fasten it
using the fastening screw on the cover plate.
15. Mount the module holding-down device.
16. Close the cover plate of the housing of your PC and fasten it using the two
17. Connect your PC to mains again and start it.
For module replacement, a module is installed and removed in an analogous
way to changing the battery (see Subsection 2.2.3, page 2-50).
Siemens AG, 2003. All rights reserved
SINUMERIK 840Di Manual (HBI) – 06.03 Edition