10 NC Start-Up with HMI Advanced
10.7 Loadable compile cycles (SW 2.2 and higher)
Loading compile cycles
The following requirements must be met to enable loading a compile cycle to
1. A flash file system (FFS) of at least 512KB is set up on the NCK.
MD18332: MM_FLASH_FILE_SYSTEM_MEM_SIZE (size of the FFS).
2. To transfer the compile cycle to the control, you need one of the following
– Floppy disk drive (option)
– Network connection via the Ethernet interface of the PCU with the exter-
nal PC/PG containing the compile cycles file.
3. To copy the compile cycle to the FFS of the NCK, you need SinuCom NC
Version 6.2.12 or higher.
Proceed as follows to transfer a compile cycle to the NCK:
1. Exit any active HMI Advanced windows and activate the NT desktop.
2. Use the Windows NT Explorer to copy the compile cycle file (e.g. ccresu.elf)
from the diskette drive or external PC/PG to a directory of your choice on the
PCU hard disk, e.g. F:\techfunctions.
3. Copy the compile cycle file with SinuCom NC from the directory used in
Step 2 on the PCU hard disk to the NCK FFS.
SinuCom NC menu command: File > Load compile cycle
Load compile cycle
NC flash file system – Loaded compile cycles
Free memory space (bytes): ,431,015
Hard disk – Load compile cycle
Files of type:
Compile cycles (*.elf)
Fig. 10-36 SinuCom NC: Load compile cycle
After copying the compile to the FFS, you need to reset the NCK. The com-
pile cycle is loaded in the NCK system software the time the NCK is booted.
80,985 7/30/02 10:38
Siemens AG, 2003. All rights reserved
SINUMERIK 840Di Manual (HBI) – 06.03 Edition