1 General on the SINUMERIK 840Di
1.3 Notes on start-up
– for creating a SIMATIC S7 project to start up the SINUMERIK 840Di-
PLC, the MPI and PROFIBUS DP communication
– for installing additional software on the PCU.
an MPI cable for connecting the PCU to the programming unit
A programming device is not needed if:
– the SIMATIC Manager STEP7 is installed on the PCU of the SINUMERIK
– an existing PC is used to install additional software.
For installing software on the PCU, see Chapter 15, Page 15-455.
The following documentation is required for start-up:
/BH/ Operator Components Manual
– SINUMERIK Operator Panels
– SINUMERIK Industrial PCs
– Machine Control Panels
– Handheld Operator and Programming Units.
Depending on the NC and PLC functions used, the relevant Descriptions of
/FB/ Description of Functions – Basic Machine
/FB/ Description of Functions – Extended Functions
/FB/ Description of Functions – Special Functions
The list of references in the Appendix provides an overview of the contents of
the individual Descriptions of Functions.
– Overview of Functions
– Machine, Setting Data and Variables
– Interface Signals and PLC Blocks.
/DA/ Diagnostics Guide, Contents:
Siemens AG, 2003. All rights reserved
SINUMERIK 840Di Manual (HBI) – 06.03 Edition