Siemens AG, 2003. All rights reserved
SINUMERIK 840Di Manual (HBI) – 06.03 Edition
2.5 MCI board extension external variation (SW 02.01 and higher)
3. Remove the screws from the cover of the housing (Fig. 2-15) and open the
housing of your PC, observing the relevant safety regulations.
Screws of the cover of the housing
Fig. 2-15 Cover of the housing of the PCU 50
4. Optional: If there is an internal MCI board extension module
– Remove interconnecting cable to the internal MCI board extension mod-
ule, interface X2.
– Remove the fastening screw of the module holding-down device and
remove the module holding-down device.
– Unscrew the fixing screw of the end plate of the internal MCI board ex-
tension module and remove the module, observing ESD precautions.
– Mount the module holding-down device again.
5. Insert the modified housing cover into the guide slot of the PCU and close
the housing to the extent that the connecting cable can be plugged into the
MCI board extension interface (X2).
2 Hardware Descriptions