13 Drive Optimization using HMI Advanced
13.2 Measuring functions
Measuring functions initiating a traversing movement are only selected using
the specific soft key. The actual start of the measuring function and thus of the
traversing movement is always carried out with NC START on the machine con-
If the main screen of the measuring function is quitted without the traversing
motion being initiated, the selection of the traversing function is canceled.
Once the traversing function has been started, the main screen can be quitted
without any affect on the traversing motion.
JOG mode must be selected when measuring functions are started.
The user must ensure that when the measuring functions are used:
– the EMERGENCY STOP button is always within the reach;
– no obstacles are in the traversing range.
The following events will cancel active measuring functions:
– Hardware limit switch reached
– Traversing range limits exceeded
– EMERGENCY STOP
– RESET (mode group, channel)
– NC stop
– No controller enabling command
– Canceling drive enable
– Canceling traversing enable
– Selection of parking (in position-controlled operation)
– Feed override = 0%
– Spindle override = 50%
– Change in operating mode (JOG) or operating mode JOG not selected
– Actuation of traversing keys
– Actuation of handwheel
– Alarms leading to axis shutdown.
Siemens AG, 2003. All rights reserved
SINUMERIK 840Di Manual (HBI) – 06.03 Edition