5.3.6 Installing and removing a CFast
Before you start the work, make sure you shut down the OS, unplug the power
cord from the outlet, and wait for at least one minute. Otherwise, an electric
shock or failure of the equipment may result.
When you install or remove a CFast, make sure you do not cut your fingers on
Even temporarily, place the CFast on antistatic cushioning to absorb any
impact. If you place it directly on a hard surface (for example, on a desk), it
may malfunction, destroy the data, or shorten the life of the CFast due to the
Do not remove a screw from the CFast cover, or hot swap the CFast. This may
cause the CFast to malfunction.
Before replacing the CFast, shut down the OS, unplug the power cord from the
outlet, and wait for at least one minute.
Install or remove the CFast only if required (for example, to replace the faulty
CFast). If you do it frequently, failure of the equipment may result.
Install the CFast firmly and securely. Loose contact and missing screws may
result in failure.
When installing or removing the CFast, be very careful not to make an impact
on the CFast. An impact on the CFast may cause it to malfunction.
(1) Before installing or removing a CFast
• Before you start the work, make sure you shut down the OS, unplug the power cord
from the outlet, and wait for at least one minute.
• Allocate sufficient clearance for maintenance work. Carry out the work on a flat
surface. (See "1.2.2 Installation".)
• Wear cotton gloves when you install or remove a CFast.
• When you tighten or remove a screw, use a Phillips screwdriver (JIS #2) to avoid
stripping the head.
• When you tighten a screw, drive the screw along the axis of the tapped hole without
adding too much torque in order to avoid damaging the thread.
5. CHECKUP AND MAINTENANCE