7. LITHIUM BATTERIES
• This equipment uses a lithium battery. When you dispose of the battery, observe local laws
and regulations whatever applicable.
8. THE OPTICAL MOUSE
• Due to the nature of the optical sensor, an optical mouse may not work on transparent
materials or light-reflecting materials (glass, mirrors, and the like). Avoid using an optical
mouse on those materials or purchase an optical mouse pad available on the market.
• If the optical sensor is smeared with condensation or oil mist, the optical mouse may not
work properly. If you use an optical mouse in an environment subject to those kinds of
smears, take appropriate measures to protect the equipment.
9. BIOS SETTINGS
• The purpose of the clock displayed on the BIOS setup menu screen is not to show the correct
time and date but to configure the time and date. The date displayed on the screen does not
change when the actual date changes. If the actual date changes during setup, you must
correct the date setting. (See "4.2 BIOS Setup".)
• When the setup menu is used, the clock display may sometimes show a delay. After you
finish the setup menu, make sure you confirm the clock is correct. (See "4.2 BIOS Setup".)
• When you set up a password on the BIOS setup menu, you can no longer use HDDs if you
set up a wrong password for the HDDs during repair or maintenance or if you forget the