(12) No sound is generated, or the sound is extremely faint.
There is an error in the settings of the equipment and the speakers, there is a problem with
the cable connection, or the speakers have failed.
1. Adjust the volume of the equipment to an appropriate level. (See <Setting a volume>.)
2. When you use speakers, check the following items.
i) Make sure that the speakers have built-in amplifiers.
(If the speakers do not have amplifiers, you cannot hear sound.)
ii) Make sure that the plug of the power cord of the speakers is connected to the outlet.
iii) Turn on the power of the speakers.
iv) Make sure that the volume level of the speakers is adequately adjusted.
v) Make sure that the cable from the speakers is connected to LINE OUT.
vi) When you record an audio signal from an audio device, connect LINE OUT of the
audio device to LINE IN of the equipment by using a cable. (LINE IN cannot be used
as a MIC input.)
vii) Disconnect the cable from the speakers and securely reconnect it to ensure a stable
viii) Use another pair of speakers.
<Setting a volume>
1. Click Start > Control Panel.
2. Click Hardware and Sound and then click Adjust system volume to adjust the
(13) A serial port does not work properly.
There is a problem with the cable connection, or the target device has failed.
1. Disconnect the cable and securely reconnect it to ensure a stable connection.
2. Check to see if the target device has failed.