(2) The processing speed of the equipment is slow.
The capacity of the memory or the HDDs is not sufficient.
1. Terminate unnecessary applications to increase available memory.
⇒When you want to check the usage of the CPU and memory, follow the instructions in
"6.5 Checking the System Load by Using Performance Monitor".
2. Delete unnecessary files to increase free clearance on the HDDs.
(3) The equipment does not respond.
There is an error in hardware or software.
1. The screen can seem to be frozen when an application freezes. If the equipment responds
by pressing Alt+Tab or Ctrl+Alt+Delete, try the following procedure.
i) Switch applications by pressing Alt+Tab and identify which application has frozen.
ii) After you identify the frozen application, use Task Manager to terminate the application.
To start Task Manager, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. The Windows Security window will
open. Click Task Manager.
iii) Restart the equipment.
2. If you cannot restart the equipment at step 1, turn off the power of the equipment according
to <Forcibly terminating the equipment> below.
Remove all USB devices except a keyboard and mouse as well as all extension boards
when the power is off and then start the equipment.
<Forcibly terminating the equipment>
If the shutdown fails, press the power switch for at least four seconds. The power is turned
off and the equipment goes into the standby mode.
After the equipment goes into the standby mode, disconnect the plug of the power cord
from the outlet.