Disposing of the Monitor, Measurement Server and
Measurement Server Extensions
To avoid contaminating or infecting personnel, the service environment or other
equipment, make sure the equipment has been appropriately disinfected and
decontaminated before disposal.
The battery can be easily removed (see "Maintaining the Instrument" on page 119 as well as
the "Using Your Monitor in Patient Transport" chapter in the Instructions for Use for
information on using batteries), and can be recharged for use with another machine or, when
no longer rechargeable, can be returned, free of charge, to the worldwide-recycling program
run by the battery manufacturer (contact your local supplier for details).
The Monitor and Measurement Server Extension can be disassembled see "Repairing the
Instrument" on page 219.
• There is no metal moulded into the plastic case, and no metal sprays on the plastic.
All plastic parts with a weight greater than 10g (0.35 ounces) are marked with the ISO code
All labelling on the product has been done by laser printing, so no separation is necessary
• The sheet metal card cage uses only one kind of steel.
• The handle is a 2 compound moulding, separable by the application of force.
• The screen has a touch resistor laminate, separable by the application of force.
• User documentation and Service documentation are wire-o bound. The binding is separable
by the application of force.
No heavy metals were used in printing the documentation.
• The cardboard and foam used in packaging are 100% recyclable.
No heavy metals were used in printing the packaging.
Installing the Instrument
Disposing of the Monitor, Measurement Server and Measurement Server Extensions