What To Do if the Alarm and Suspend LEDs Are Not Working Correctly
If the Monitor boots until the display is switched on but the Alarm LED and the Suspend
LED have not switched as described previously (red, red/yellow then off), suspect the
• Check that the Monitor Bezel cable is seated correctly.
• Replace the Monitor Bezel.
• Replace the System Board.
Isolating Problems to the Correct Subassembly
High Voltage - Voltages dangerous to life are present in the Instrument when it is
connected to the mains power supply. Do not perform any disassembly procedures
(other than Server and Extension removal) with power applied to the Instrument.
Failure to adhere to this warning could cause serious injury or death.
Troubleshooting the ECG OUT
If no marker pulse is displayed on the Monitor (assuming the defibrillator and defibrillator
cable are in working order), check the following:
• Disconnect the Server and Defib cable.
• Switch the Monitor off then on again. Observe the red LED in the ECG OUT section. (The
Instrument Self-Test is performed).
• If the red LED does not switch on for about 1 second at power on, replace the System
• If the red LED switches on and remains on for more than 20 seconds, replace the System
• Use a known-good link bar and connect a Defib, Defib cable and the Measurement Server
again. Check marker pulse again.
• Use a known-good Measurement Server. Check marker pulse again.
• If both of the above fail, replace the System Board.
If there is no ECG OUT signal to the Defib, repeat the above checks.
Troubleshooting the Instrument
Part 1 Troubleshooting Checklists