● Do not install assemblies or components (e. g. power factor correction capacitors) on the
inverter output side, which are not approved from Mitsubishi Electric. These devices on the
inverter output side may be overheated or burn out.
● The direction of rotation of the motor corresponds to the direction of rotation commands
(STF/STR) only if the phase sequence (U, V, W) is maintained.
● PM motor terminals (U, V, W) hold high-voltage while the PM motor is running even after the
power is turned OFF. Before wiring, the PM motor must be confirmed to be stopped. Other-
wise you may get an electric shock.
● Never connect a PM motor to the commercial power supply.
Applying the commercial power supply to input terminals (U,V, W) of a PM motor will burn
the PM motor. The PM motor must be connected with the output terminals (U, V, W) of the
● When you have chosen the retry function, stay away from the equipment as it will restart
suddenly after an alarm stop.
● Since pressing the STOP/RESET key may not stop output depending on the function setting
status, provide a circuit and switch separately to make an emergency stop (power off,
mechanical brake operation for emergency stop, etc).
● Make sure that the start signal is off before resetting the inverter alarm. A failure to do so
may restart the motor suddenly.
● Do not use a PM motor for an application where the PM motor is driven by its load and runs
at a speed higher than the maximum motor speed.
● The inverter can be started and stopped via the serial port communications link or the field
bus. However, please note that depending on the settings of the communications parame-
ters it may not be possible to stop the system via these connections if there is an error in the
communications system or the data line. In configurations like this it is thus essential to
install additional safety hardware that makes it possible to stop the system in an emergency
(e.g. controller inhibit via control signal, external motor contactor etc). Clear and
unambiguous warnings about this must be posted on site for the operating and service staff.
● Use this inverter only with three-phase induction motors or with a PM motor. Connection of
any other electrical equipment to the inverter output may damage the inverter as well as the
● Do not modify the equipment.
● Do not perform parts removal which is not instructed in this manual. Doing so may lead to
fault or damage of the inverter.