(A) Application parameters
PID output suspension function (SLEEP function) (SLEEP signal, Pr. 575 to Pr. 577)
● When a status where the output frequency after PID calculation is less than Pr. 576 "Output
interruption detection level" has continued for the time set in Pr. 575 "Output interruption
detection time" or longer, inverter running is suspended. This allows the amount of energy
consumed in the inefficient low-speed range to be reduced.
● When the deviation (for instance, the set point - measured value) reaches the PID output shutoff
release level (Pr. 577 setting value -1000%) while the PID output suspension function is activated,
the PID output suspension function is released, and PID control operation is automatically
● Whether to allow motor to coast to a stop or perform a deceleration stop when SLEEP operation
is started can be selected using Pr. 554.
● While the PID output suspension function is activated, the PID output interruption signal (SLEEP)
is output. During this time, the inverter running signal (RUN) turns OFF and the During PID control
activated signal (PID) turns ON.
● For the terminal used for the SLEEP signal, set "70 (positive logic)" or "170 (negative logic)" in any
of Pr. 190 to Pr. 196 (output terminal function selection).
Pr. 577 –
5 - 366
When Pr. 554 = "0 to 7", reverse operation (Pr. 128 = "10")
Less than Pr. 575
Output interruption (SLEEP function)
Pr. 575 or more SLEEP period