Test operation and adjustment
● Before starting operation, confirm and adjust the parameters. A failure to do so may cause
some machines to make unexpected motions.
● Provide a safety backup such as an emergency brake which will prevent the machine and
equipment from hazardous conditions if the inverter fails.
● When the breaker on the inverter primary side trips, check for the wiring fault (short circuit),
damage to internal parts of the inverter, etc. Identify the cause of the trip, then remove the
cause and power on the breaker.
● When the protective function is activated (i. e. the frequency inverter switches off with an
error message), take the corresponding corrective action as described in the inverter man-
ual, then reset the inverter, and resume operation.
Maintenance, inspection and parts replacement
● Do not carry out a megger (insulation resistance) test on the control circuit of the inverter. It
will cause a failure.
Disposing the inverter
● Treat as industrial waste.
Many of the diagrams and drawings in instruction manuals show the inverter without a cover, or par-
tially open. Never run the inverter in this status. Always replace the cover and follow instruction man-
uals when operating the inverter. For more details on the PM motor, refer to the Instruction Manual
of the PM motor.
For details of the inverter FR-F802 (Separated Converter Type) and the corresponding converter unit
FR-CC2 refer to the respective Instruction Manuals (refer to page 1-8).