● The electronic thermal relay function does not guarantee protection of the motor from
overheating. It is recommended to install both an external thermal and PTC thermistor for
● Do not use a magnetic contactor on the inverter input for frequent starting/stopping of the
inverter. Otherwise, the life of the inverter decreases.
● Use a noise filter to reduce the effect of electromagnetic interference and follow the accepted
EMC procedures for proper installation of frequency inverters. Otherwise nearby electronic
equipment may be affected.
● Take appropriate measures regarding harmonics. Otherwise this can endanger compensa-
tion systems or overload generators.
● When driving a 400 V class motor by the inverter, the motor must be an insulation-enhanced
motor or measures must be taken to suppress surge voltage. Surge voltage attributable to
the wiring constants may occur at the motor terminals, deteriorating the insulation of the
● Use a motor designed for inverter operation. (The stress for motor windings is bigger than
in line power supply).
● When parameter clear or all clear is performed, set again the required parameters before
starting operations. Each parameter returns to the initial value.
● The inverter can be easily set for high-speed operation. Before changing its setting, fully
examine the performances of the motor and machine.
● The DC braking function of the frequency inverter is not designed to continuously hold a
load. Use an electro-mechanical holding brake on the motor for this purpose.
● Before running an inverter which had been stored for a long period, always perform inspec-
tion and test operation.
● For prevention of damage due to static electricity, touch nearby metal before touching this
product to eliminate static electricity from your body.
● Only one PM motor can be connected to an inverter.
● A PM motor must be used under PM motor control. When operating with PM motor control,
a synchronous motor, induction motor or synchronous induction motor may only be used
when it is a PM motor.
● Do not connect a PM motor in the induction motor control settings (initial settings). Do not
use an induction motor under the PM motor control settings. It will cause a failure.
● In the system with a PM motor, the inverter power must be turned ON before closing the
contacts of the contactor at the output side.
● When the emergency drive operation is performed, the operation is continued or the retry is
repeated even when a fault occurs, which may damage or burn the inverter and motor.
Before restarting the normal operation after using the emergency drive function, make sure
that the inverter and motor have no fault.
● In order to protect the inverter and the system against unauthorized access by external
systems via network, take security measures including firewall settings.
● Depending on the network environment, the inverter may not operate as intended due to
delays or disconnection in communication. Carefully consider the conditions and safety for
the inverter on site.