Electro-magnetic interference (EMI) and leakage currents
How to enable or disable the filter
● Before removing a front cover, check to make sure that the indication of the inverter operation
panel is OFF, wait for at least 10 minutes after the power supply has been switched OFF, and check
that there is no residual voltage using a tester or the like.
● For FR-F820-00105(2.2K) or higher and FR-F840-00023(0.75K) or higher
When disconnecting the connector, push the fixing tab and pull the connector straight without
pulling the cable or forcibly pulling the connector with the tab fixed.
When installing the connector, also engage the fixing tab securely.
If it is difficult to disconnect the connector, use a pair of needle-nose pliers, etc.
● For FR-F820-00077(1.5K) or lower
– Remove the control circuit terminal block. (Refer to page 7-11.)
– Connect the shorting wire to the corresponding terminal to enable or disable the filter.
Connect the wire to the terminal in the same way as general wiring of the control circuit
terminal block. (Refer to page 2-53.)
– After switching, reinstall the control circuit terminal block as it was.
Fit the connector or shorting wire to either ON or OFF position.
Enabling (turning ON) the EMC filter increases leakage current. (Refer to page 3-3.)
While power is ON or when the inverter is running, do not open the front cover. Otherwise you
may get an electric shock.
3 - 10
Activating the built-in EMC filter
Disengage connector fixing tab
Precautions for use of the inverter
With tab disengaged,
pull up connector straight.