The following instructions must be also followed. If the product is handled incorrectly, it may cause
unexpected fault, an injury, or an electric shock.
Transportation and installation
● Any person who is opening a package using a sharp object, such as a knife and cutter, must
wear gloves to prevent injuries caused by the edge of the sharp object.
● When carrying products, use correct lifting gear to prevent injury.
● Do not stand or rest heavy objects on the product.
● Do not stack the inverter boxes higher than the number recommended.
● When carrying the inverter, do not hold it by the front cover or setting dial; it may fall off or
● During installation, caution must be taken not to drop the inverter as doing so may cause
● Ensure that installation position and material can withstand the weight of the inverter.
Install according to the information in the instruction manual.
● Do not install the product on a hot surface.
● Check the inverter mounting orientation is correct.
● The inverter must be installed on a strong surface securely with screws so that it will not drop.
● Do not install or operate the inverter if it is damaged or has parts missing. This can result in
● Prevent other conductive bodies such as screws and metal fragments or other flammable
substance such as oil from entering the inverter.
● As the inverter is a precision instrument, do not drop or subject it to impact.
● If halogen-based materials (fluorine, chlorine, bromine, iodine, etc.) infiltrate into a Mitsub-
ishi Electric product, the product will be damaged. Halogen-based materials are often in-
cluded in fumigant, which is used to sterilize or disinfect wooden packages. When packaging,
prevent residual fumigant components from being infiltrated into Mitsubishi Electric prod-
ucts, or use an alternative sterilization or disinfection method (heat disinfection, etc.) for
packaging. Sterilization of disinfection of wooden package should also be performed before
packaging the product.
● Use the inverter under the following environmental conditions. Otherwise, the inverter may
Temperature applicable for a short time, e.g. in transit.
2.9 m/s² or less for the FR-F840-04320(185K) or higher.
LD rating: –10 °C to +50 °C (non-freezing)
SLD rating: –10 °C to +40 °C (non-freezing)
With circuit board coating (conforming to IEC 60721-3-3 3C2/3S2):
95% RH or less (non-condensing),
Without circuit board coating:
90 % RH or less (non-condensing)
–20 °C to +65 °C
Indoors (free from corrosive gas, flammable gas, oil mist, dust and dirt)
Maximum 1000 m above sea level for standard operation. After that derate by 3 % for every
extra 500 m up to 2500 m (91 %).
5.9 m/s² or less
at 10 to 55 Hz (directions of X, Y, Z axes)