Life display of the main circuit capacitor (Pr. 258, Pr. 259) (Standard models)
For accurate life measurement of the main circuit capacitor, wait three hours or longer after turn-
ing OFF. The temperature left in the main circuit capacitor affects measurement.
● The deterioration degree of the main circuit capacitor is displayed in Pr. 258.
● With the main circuit capacitor capacity at factory shipment as 100%, the capacitor life is displayed
in Pr. 258 every time measurement is made. When the measured value falls to 85% or lower, Pr. 255
bit 1 is turned ON and also a warning is output to the Y90 signal.
● Measure the capacitor capacity according to the following procedure and check the deterioration
degree of the capacitor capacity.
Check that the motor is connected and at a stop.
Set "1" (measuring start) in Pr. 259.
Switch the power OFF. The inverter applies DC voltage to the motor to measure the capacitor
capacity while the inverter is OFF.
After confirming that the power lamp is OFF, turn ON the power again.
Check that "3" (measurement complete) is set in Pr. 259, read Pr. 258, and check the deteriora-
tion degree of the main circuit capacitor.
When the main circuit capacitor life is measured under the following conditions, "forced end"
(Pr. 259 = "8") or "measurement error" (Pr. 259 = "9") may occur, or the status may remain in "meas-
urement start" (Pr. 259 = "1"). To perform measurement, first eliminate the following conditions.
Under the following conditions, even if "measurement complete" (Pr. 259 = "3") is reached, meas-
urement cannot be performed correctly.
● FR-HC2, FR-CV, MT-RC, or a sine wave filter is connected.
● Terminals R1/L11, S1/L21 or DC power supply is connected to terminals P/+ and N/-.
● The power supply is switched ON during measurement.
● The motor is not connected to the inverter.
● The motor is running (coasting).
● The motor capacity is smaller than the inverter capacity by two ranks or more.
● The inverter is tripped or a fault occurred while the power was OFF.
● The inverter output is shut off with the MRS signal.
● The start command is given while measuring.
● The applied motor setting is incorrect.
Operation environment: surrounding air temperature (annual average of 40 °C (free from corro-
sive gas, flammable gas, oil mist, dust and dirt)).
Output current (80% of the inverter rating)
Since repeated inrush currents at power ON will shorten the life of the converter circuit, frequent
starts and stops of the magnetic contactor must be avoided.
(E) Environment setting parameters
Measurement starts when the power supply is
Only displayed and cannot be set
5 - 93