System configuration for Ethernet communication (FR-F800-E)
Use a hub that supports transmission speed of the Ethernet.
● Ethernet cable wiring precautions
– Do not touch the conductors of the cable or the connector on the inverter. Keep the conduc-
tors free of dust or dirt. Handling the conductors with oily hands or dust/dirt adhesion to the
conductors may cause transmission losses and impair normal data link operation.
– Check the Ethernet cable for the following points before use:
– Do not use an Ethernet cable with a broken latch. Doing so may cause the cable to come off
– Do not connect the Ethernet cable to the PU connector. The product could be damaged due
to differences in electrical specifications.
– The maximum distance between stations is specified as 100 m. However, the maximum
distance may be shorter depending on the environment. For details of the cable, contact your
● Connecting and disconnecting of the Ethernet cable
Hold the cable connector when connecting and disconnecting the Ethernet cable. Pulling a cable
connected to the inverter may damage the inverter or cable, or result in malfunction due to poor
● Network configuration
Check the network configuration before wiring, and perform correct wiring.
2 - 84
The cable is not broken.
The cable does not have a short circuit.
The connector is properly installed.
Installation and wiring