The settings are valid under the PM motor control.
The offline auto tuning enables the operation with SPM motors and IPM motors other than MM-
EFS/MM-THE4. (When a PM motor other than the IPM motor MM-EFS/MM-THE4 is used, always
perform the offline auto tuning.)
Tuning is enabled even when a load is connected to the motor.
Reading/writing of the motor constants tuned by offline auto tuning are enabled. The offline auto
tuning data (motor constants) can be copied to another inverter with the operation panel.
The offline auto tuning status can be monitored with the operation panel and the parameter unit.
Before performing offline auto tuning
Check the following points before performing offline auto tuning.
● The PM motor control is selected.
● A motor is connected. Note that the motor should be at a stop at a tuning start. (The motor should
not be rotated by the force applied from outside during the tuning.)
● For the motor capacity, the rated motor current should be equal to or less than the inverter rated
current. (It must be 0.4 kW or higher.) If a motor with substantially low rated current compared
with the inverter rated current is used, speed and torque accuracies may deteriorate due to torque
ripples, etc. Set the rated motor current to about 40% or higher of the inverter rated current.
● The maximum frequency under PM motor control is 400 Hz.
● The motor may rotate slightly even if the offline auto tuning without motor rotation (Pr. 96 "Auto
tuning setting/status" = "1 or 11") is selected. (It does not affect the tuning performance.) Fix the
motor securely with a mechanical brake, or before tuning, make sure that it is safe even if the
motor rotates. (Caution is required especially in vertical lift applications.)
(C) Motor constant parameters
5 - 319