How to restart after stopping with
(PS) release method)
● PU stop release method for operation panel (FR-DU08)
After completion of deceleration to a stop, switch OFF the STF and STR signal.
Press PU/EXT key three times. (
(When Pr. 79 "Operation mode selection" = "0 (initial value) or 6")
When Pr. 79 = "2, 3, or 7", PU stop can be released by pressing one time.
● PU stop release method for parameter unit (FR-PU07)
After completion of deceleration to a stop, switch OFF the STF or STR signal.
Press EXT key. (
● The motor can be restarted by resetting the power supply or resetting with a RES signal.
Even when Pr. 250 "Stop selection" ≠ "9999" is set and coasting stop is selected, deceleration stop
and not coasting stop is performed in the PU stop function during External operation.
Reset limit function (P.E107)
● When P.E107 = "1" or Pr. 75 = any of "100 to 103 and 114 to 117", if an electronic thermal O/L relay
or an overcurrent protective function (E.THM, E.THT, E.OC) is activated while one of them has
been already activated within 3 minutes, the inverter will not accept any reset command (RES
signal, etc.) for about 3 minutes from the second activation.
● The reset limit function is available with the FR-F820-03160(75K) or higher and FR-F840-
01800(75K) or higher.
Resetting the inverter power (turning OFF the control power) will clear the accumulated thermal
When the retry function is set enabled (Pr. 67 "Number of retries at fault occurrence" ≠ "0"), the
reset limit function is disabled.
Stop/restart example for External operation
Stop during external operation
(E) Environment setting parameters
input from the PU during External operation (PU stop
5 - 65