(C) Motor constant parameters
Before performing offline auto tuning
Check the following points before performing offline auto tuning:
● A value other than "9999" is set in Pr. 80 and Pr. 81, and Advanced magnetic flux vector control.
● A motor is connected. (The motor should not be rotated by the force applied from outside during
● For the motor capacity, the rated motor current should be equal to or less than the inverter rated
current. (It must be 0.4 kW or higher.) If a motor with substantially low rated current compared
with the inverter rated current is used, speed and torque accuracies may deteriorate due to torque
ripples, etc. Set the rated motor current to about 40% or higher of the inverter rated current.
● The target motor is other than a high-slip motor, a high-speed motor, or a special motor.
● The highest frequency is 400 Hz.
● The motor may rotate slightly even if the offline auto tuning without motor rotation (Pr. 96 "Auto
tuning setting/status" = "1") is selected. (The slight motor rotation does not affect the tuning
performance.) Fix the motor securely with a mechanical brake, or before tuning, make sure that
it is safe even if the motor rotates. (Caution is required especially in vertical lift applications.)
● Check the following points for the offline auto tuning with motor rotation (Pr. 96 "Auto tuning
setting/status" = "101").
Torque is not sufficient during tuning.
The motor can be rotated up to the speed close to the rated speed.
The mechanical brake is released.
● Offline auto tuning is not performed correctly when the surge voltage suppression filter (FR-ASF-
H/FR-BMF-H) are inserted between the inverter and motor. Be sure to remove them before
● To perform tuning, set the following parameters about the motor.
Tab. 5-133: Set the parameters before performing tuning
Differs according to the voltage class. (200 V/400 V)
According to the Pr. 71 setting, the range of the motor constant parameter setting values and units
can be changed. Set the Pr. 71 "Applied motor setting" according to the motor to be used and the
motor constant setting range. (For other setting values of Pr. 71, refer to page 5-297.)
5 - 306
Number of motor
Electronic thermal O/L
Rated motor voltage
Auto tuning setting/
9999 (V/F control) Set the motor capacity (kW).
9999 (V/F control) Set the number of motor poles (2 to 12).
Set the rated motor current (A).
Set the rated motor voltage (V) printed on the
200 V/400 V
motor's rating plate.
Set the rated motor frequency (Hz).
When the setting is "9999", the Pr. 3 "Base frequency"
setting is used.
Set this parameter according to the motor.
Three types of motor constant setting ranges, units
and tuning data can be stored according to settings.
Set "1" or "101".
1: Performs tuning without rotating the motor.
(Excitation noise occurs at this point.)
101: Performs tuning by rotating the motor. The
motor can rotate up to the speed near the rated