Ethernet communication (FR-F800-E)
Operating and handling instructions
● The inverter only accepts the commands from the programmable controller during operation
using the CC-Link IE Field Network Basic. The run command from external and parameter unit is
● If different inverters have the same station number, the communication cannot be performed
● The inverter protective function (E.EHR) is activated if data communication stops for more than
the time set in Pr. 1432 "Ethernet communication check time interval" due to a programmable
controller fault, a break in the Ethernet cable etc. during operation through CC-Link IE Field
● If the programmable controller (master station) is reset during CC-Link IE Field Network Basic
operation or if the programmable controller is powered OFF, data communication stops and the
inverter protective function (E.EHR) is activated.
To reset the programmable controller (master station), switch the operation mode to the External
operation once, then reset the programmable controller.
● When Pr. 340 = "0 (initial value)", any inverter whose main power is restored is reset to return to
the External operation mode. To resume the Network operation, therefore, set the operation mode
to the Network operation using the programmable controller program.
Set a value other than "0" in Pr. 340 to start in the Network operation mode after inverter reset.
For the details of Pr. 340 refer to page 5-128.
Operation mode does not switch to
the Network operation mode
Inverter does not start in the
Network operation mode
Tab. 5-351: Error descriptions and troubleshooting
Parameters referred to
5 - 634
Check that the Ethernet cable is installed correctly.
(Check for contact fault, break in the cable, etc.)
Check that the inverter is in the External operation mode.
Check that the operation mode switching program is running.
Check that the operation mode switching program has been written correctly.
Check that the inverter starting program is running.
Check that the inverter starting program has been written correctly.
Check that Pr. 338 "Communication operation command source" is not set to
Speed setting switchover