26. Slip the special tool onto the mainshaft as shown,
07GAB - PF50101
Installthe park lever on the control shaft.
A s s e m b l e t h e o n e - w a y c l u t c h a n d t h e p a r k g e a r
with the countershaft lst gear (see page l4-1S5).
Install the countershaft lst gear collar. needle bear_
ing, and the countershaft 1st gearlpark gear assembly
on the countershaft.
Install the park pawl shaft, spring, pawl, and pawl
stop on the transmission housing, then engage the
park pawlwith the park gear.
3 1 . I n s t a l l t h e m a i n s h a f t 1 s t g e a r c o l l a r o n t h e m a i n _
32. Wrap the shaft splines with tape to prevent the O-
rings, then install new O-rings on the mainshaft,
33. Assemble the thrust washer, thrust needle bearing,
needle bearing, and mainshaft ?st gear in the lst
clutch assembly, then install them on the mainshaft.
34. Install new conical spring washers and locknuts on
CAUTION: Install the conical spring washers in the
Left hand threads
CONICAL SPRING WASHERS
install in this direction.
35. Tighten the locknuts to the specified torque.
. D o n o t u s e a n i m p a c t w r e n c h . A l w a v s u s e a
torque w.ench to tighten the locknut.
. Mainshaft and countershaft locknuts have left_
78 N.m (8.0 kgf.m, 58 tbf.ft)
COUNTERSHAFT t03 N.m 1r0.5 kgf.m, 75.9 tbt.ftl