Make sure lifts are ptaced properly (see
1. Remove the front console (see section Z0l.
2. Shift to @ position. then remove the lock pin from
7 N.m (0.7
3 . C h e c k t h a t t h e h o l e i n t h e a d j u s t e r i s p e r f e c t l y
aligned with the hole in the shift cable. There are
two holes in the adjuster. They are positioned 90.
apart to allow cable adjustment in 1/4 turn incre-
4. lf the hole is not perfectly aligned, loosen the lock-
nut on the adjuster and adjust as required.
5. Tighten the tocknut to 7 N.m (0.7 kgf.m, 5 tbf.ft).
6. Install the lock pin on the adjuster. lf you feel the
lock pin binding as you reinstall it, the cable is still
out of adjustment and must be readjusted.
7 . M a k e s u r e t h e l o c k p i n i s s e a t e d i n t h e a d j u s t e r
8. Move the shift lever to each gear, and verify that the
shift position indicator follows the automatic trans-
axle gear position switch.
9 . S t a r t t h e e n g i n e , a n d c h e c k t h e s h i f t l e v e r i n a l l
gears. lf any gear does not work properly, refer to
troubleshooting (see page 14-109 thru 1'4-'112).
10. Insert the ignition key into the key cylinder on the
Ay'T gear position indicator panel, and verify that the
shift lock lever is released.