Manage Firmware Versions
Firmware is the internal operating code stored in FLASH memory on the the switch's
CTP card. Up to eight versions can be stored on the HAFM server hard drive and
made available for download to a switch. Service personnel can perform the following
firmware management tasks:
Determine the firmware version active on a switch.
Add to and maintain a library of up to eight firmware versions on the HAFM
server hard drive.
Download a firmware version to a selected switch.
Determine a Switch Firmware Version
To determine a switch firmware version:
1. At the HAFM server, open the HAFM application. The Product View displays.
2. Select the icon representing the switch to be inspected for firmware version. The
Hardware View for the selected switch displays.
3. At the navigation control panel, select Firmware Library from the Maintenance
menu. The Firmware Library dialog box displays.
Figure 3–18: Firmware Library dialog box
4. The firmware version displays at the lower left corner of the dialog box in
XX.YY.ZZ format, where XX is the version level, YY is the release level, and ZZ
is the patch level.
5. Click Close to return to the Hardware View.
edge switch 2/24 service manual