12. Click Start Test. The test begins and:
— The Start Test button changes to a Stop Test button
— The message Port xx: TEST RUNNING appears.
— A red progress bar (indicating percent completion) travels from left to right
across the Completion Status field.
NOTE: Click Stop Test at any time to abort the loopback test.
13. When the test completes, results appear as Port xx: Passed! or Port xx:
Failed! in the message area of the dialog box.
14. When finished, click Cancel to close the Port Diagnostics dialog box and return
to the Hardware View.
15. Remove the loopback plug and reconnect the fiber-optic jumper cable from the
device to the port.
16. Reset the port:
a. At the Hardware View, right-click the port graphic. A pop-up menu appears.
b. Select the Reset Port option. A message box displays, indicating a link reset
operation will occur.
c. Click OK. The port resets.
17. Notify the customer the test is complete and the device can be reconnected to the
switch and set online.
edge switch 2/24 service manual