Figure 5–4: Set Online State dialog box (Online)
2. Click Set Offline or Set Online, depending on the operating state you want to set.
3. When a warning box displays requesting you to confirm the offline or online state,
As the switch goes offline, "OFFLINE" displays in the State field of the Switch Status
table in the Hardware View. LED indicators on all ports with attached devices stay
green, but the switch is sending offline sequences (OLSs) to these devices.
Manage Firmware Versions
Firmware refers to the internal operating code for the switch. You can maintain up to
eight firmware versions on the HAFM server for downloading to an switch. To use the
Firmware Library option to manage firmware versions, follow the steps in the hp
StorageWorks edge switch 2/16 service manual (A7284-96002/AA-RS2JA-TE).
Enable E-Mail Notification
E-mail addresses and the simple mail transfer protocol (SMTP) server address for
e-mail notification of switch events must be configured through the HAFM
application. Refer to the hp StorageWorks ha-fabric manager user guide
(A6534-96024/AA-RS2CA-TE) for instructions on configuring e-mail.
NOTE: E-mail recipients are configured in the HAFM through the Configure E-Mail dialog box.
A valid SMTP address is configured in this dialog box.
Use the Enable E-Mail Notification function on the Product Manager to enable e-mail
notification for events that occur on a selected switch. The default state is disabled.
To enable e-mail notification, use the following steps:
1. Select Enable E-Mail Notification from the Maintenance menu on the menu bar.
2. To enable e-mail notification, select the option to add a check mark to the check
3. To disable e-mail notification, select the option to remove the check mark from
the check box.
edge switch 2/16 product manager user guide
Using Maintenance Features